Engineering & Design
Our exceptionally talented and experienced team of engineers and support staff enable BlackHole to offer the most cost-effective technical solutions to our clients.
Our engineers are detail-oriented and possess great technical insight, strong analytical aptitude, excellent problem–solving and communication skills.
BlackHole’s engineering capabilities include
- Project Feasibility Studies
- Plant Optimisation & De-bottlenecking Studies
- Development of PFDs, UFDs, Heat and Mass Balance (HMB) calculations
- Performance of Process Simulation Studies
- Development of P&IDs, preparation of equipment specifications based on process requirements.
- Development of 3D Models of Plants, Piping Design, Layout, Routing, Supports, Stress Analysis, Isometrics, Fabrication Drawings, Skid Structures, etc.
- Mechanical Design, Design Verification, Re-rating, Fitness-for-Service Assessments for Pressure Vessels and tanks.
- Thermal and Mechanical Design of shell-and-tube heat exchangers, including drawing packages.
- Design-by-analysis for pressure vessel components following the requirements of ASME Section VIII, Division 2, Part 5.
We offer engineering services in the following engineering disciplines
- Mechanical [Rotating Equipment, Pressure Vessels, HVAC]
- Piping & Layout
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Civil & Structural
- 3D Modelling & Layouts
- Pressure Vessels
- Foundations & Structures
- Electrical & Instrumentation
Main Software Tools
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Acrobat
- Aspen HYSYS/UniSIM (Process Modelling and Simulation)
- HTRI/Aspen EDR (Thermal Design of Heat Exchangers)
- Compress/PVElite [Pressure Vessel Design to ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and TEMA standards]
- API 650/620 Codes (Design of Tanks)
- Heat Exchangers are designed to Requirements of API 660 are followed if the heat exchangers are to be used in refinery service.
- ANSYS (Finite Element Analysis)
- AVEVA PDMS (3D plant modeling)
- Intergraph PDS (3D modeling) with FRAMEWORK
- TEKLA (3D modeling for steel works & concrete / analysis & design for steel works & concrete)
- Intergraph Caesar II (Stress analysis)
- InstruCalc (Control Valve & PSV Sizing)
- Lesser Valvestar (PSV sizing)
- Intergraph/InTools / Smart Plant Instrumentation (Instrumentation data manager)
- FOUNDATION 3D/MAT 3D (design for concrete foundations)
- SAP 2000 (Design of Steel Structures)